- Pray for this meeting on Wednesday and for all of the leaders and those in power in Sophi's country that will be making decisions that could affect the special needs international adoption program.
- Pray for the resolution of many delays and that verbal and written referrals will finally be given this week. (We are boldly praying in faith and asking the Lord for BOTH our verbal referral and our written referral THIS WEEK!!! We know that He can do what others say is impossible!)
- Please continue to pray for S, for her protection, and for her preparation and ours as the Lord continues to knit our hearts together. It is truly a miracle how the Lord has connected my heart to hers and how I can love this little girl so much even though I have never even met her. It has been so unbelievably hard to watch the days go by during this season of waiting. I want so badly to get my arms around her and to bring her home! I cannot even put words to how strongly I feel this!
- Please also continue to pray for me and Will to keep trusting in the Lord's perfect timing. Even as we are fervently and boldly praying in faith for the Lord to move mountains and to bring S home sooner than anyone could ever imagine, we are also seeking to rest in God's perfect will and praying that our will and our prayers will line up with His heart and His will for S and for our family. He is the One writing this story. He knows every detail. Even the things that are hard to understand and that seem like unnecessary delays, I know that He is weaving into an even bigger blessing. Pray that the Lord will continue to prepare our hearts for all that is unfolding!
- Finally, I have written about this before, and I'm sure I will write on many occasions about the spiritual battle that surround adoption. I believe that the Enemy hates adoption and hates Christian families who value and fight for a life that others think is worthless. I believe that he would love nothing more than to see adoptions ended or, at least, delayed. This has actually happened in other countries, including Guatemala. There are various organizations who make it their chief aim and objective to stop international adoptions. I believe that this is the work of the Enemy, and through prayer, we are able to go to battle against this evil scheme. Pray that the Enemy would be bound and that every chain and stronghold would be broken.
This weekend the Lord has given me so many reminders that "IT IS HEAVEN THAT RULES!" This verse comes from Daniel 4:26 and is one of many verses that the Lord has brought to my mind as I've been wrestling with fears and doubts and, quite honestly, struggling to know how to pray. But, wow, this weekend I felt like the Lord led me on a treasure hunt through His Word, opening my eyes to His truths and His promises, and granting me a renewed mind and steadfast spirit! Verse after verse after verse, the Lord reminded me of His faithfulness and His sovereignty over all the affairs of the world, including what is going on in S's country right now!
Even as I have felt the attacks of the Enemy recently, I know without a doubt that the Lord is at work. He is working in my own heart, bringing about healing and freedom just as I know He is doing and will do in S's heart. I am more thankful than ever before for the Lord's mercy and for His forgiveness. Again and again, the Lord has shown me His grace. This weekend was one more example of the Lord reaching down, opening my eyes to His truth, and giving me understanding and clarity where all I was seeing before was confusion and despair. I love these words from Ezra. They speak to what the Lord has been doing in my own heart as well as what He is doing for S even as she waits in her orphanage...
...yet in our bondage, our God has not forsaken us, but has extended lovingkindness to us...
How can I not be thankful for how the Lord is using this season of waiting, for how He is using this adoption, for how He is using this pregnancy, and for how He is using even the attacks of the Enemy to lead me closer to His heart and to grow my faith! The Lord has extended His lovingkindness to me, and, tonight, I can rest in His heart for S, too! Adoption is His very heart! His Word makes that so very, very clear. He loves S and every single one of these little orphaned ones even more than I could imagine. He is upholding her and comforting her just as He has done for me this weekend. He has not forsaken her, but has extended His lovingkindness to her even in her bondage!
As this new week is beginning, I am thanking the Lord once again for the faith-building path He has us walking down. It is with joyful confidence that I look ahead to all that will unfold because I know without a shadow of a doubt that it is indeed Heaven that rules!
P.S. I'm working on a QUESTION and ANSWER post that covers everything from our adoption finances to "family-planning" to life with four little boys. If you have any questions for us, just shoot us an e-mail! We'd love to answer them for you and tell you more about our crazy family! Hope you have a great Monday! :)